If you are trying to run a program and your computer pops up with a vcruntime140.dll message, don’t worry, it’s a common problem and here are several ways on how to fix vcruntime140.dll is missing error.
The simplest method of fixing the error would be scanning the files and systems on your computer to see if they are causing the problem.
- To scan your computer type “cmd” on your windows start menu.
- Right click on the Command Prompt option and click on “Run as administrator”.
- Give it permission to run type in sfc /scannow command and click enter to run. If you still have the error, continue on with the next method.
You can also try repairing the Microsoft Visual C++ to see if it fixes the error.
- Press the Windows logo key and R to launch the Run app. Type “control panel” and press enter.
- Look for programs and click on “add or remove programs”. Click on every Microsoft Visual C++ programs you have.
- After selecting all of your programs, click “repair”. Allow it permission and wait for it to repair. After the process is over you can restart your computer and see if the error is fixed.
If repairing Microsoft Visual C++ is ineffective, you can try reinstalling the program. Before you reinstall, make sure all the previous programs are uninstalled.
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-eg/download/details.aspx?id=48145 and install the program.
- Download the file you need depending on your Windows version. Agree to all terms and conditions and start downloading. Once it’s downloaded restart your computer to check to make sure if the error is fixed.
Another method is to download the missing dll files. Be careful using this method as any mistakes could lead to a software breakdown.
- Go to https://www.dll-files.com/vcruntime140.dll.html and download the dll file corresponding to your Windows version.
- Once you have downloaded, open the file. Right-click on vcruntime140.dll and click copy.
- Go to C:\Windows\System 32 and paste your copied file.
Hopefully, at least one of these methods showed you how to fix vcruntime140.dll is missing error.