What is “Hotspot Shield” Search Page?
Hotspot Shield is a VPN (virtual private network) service that lets people surf the web anonymously, access sites without censorship, and safely share information and a browser search engine.
Along with that it has its own search engine. The problem is, some people are reporting that they got Hotspot Shield installed without their consent on their browsers. That’s why they want to remove it from their computer.
How “Hotspot Shield” search enters into computers?
Hotspot Shield comes into computer along with the other installers. It installs as a browser extension and change the browser’s homepage to ” Hotspot Shield”
It is a software application too that helps users to unblock sites that are filtered by the authorities. It provides encrypted proxy connections to an external server that can be used to bypass internet censorship.
Hotspot Shield protects you from hackers, spammers, and other malicious people online by creating a virtual private network (VPN) between your laptop and the Internet. This way, hackers cannot steal your personal or financial information without you knowing. Hotspot Shield is able to encrypt traffic over WiFi hotspots and cellular networks – Facebook, Skype, Netflix can be used without any restriction at all!
How safe “Hotspot Shield” search is?
Hotspot Shield is a search engine that provides users with free, unlimited, and secure access to the internet. It promises to protect users from harmful content on the internet. The company behind this search engine is AnchorFree Inc.
The company presents itself as an advocate for the internet and is committed to fighting against any form of censorship. They also say that by using Hotspot Shield, you can bypass firewalls and regional restrictions that others use to suppress freedom of speech. However, it does not say how safe it or its service are at all times
Is it possible to remove “Hotspot Shield search page from my computer?
Many people have been asking questions about how to remove “Hotspot Shield search page from my computer”.
If you search the web, you will find many different ways to remove this software from your system. You can follow the instructions on how to uninstall, delete or disable Hotspot Shield search page on your PC.
However, if you are looking for an easy way, then make sure that you download and install a good anti-malware program on your machine. After installation, it will scan your system for all types of threats including adware and spyware programs like Hotspot Shield Search Page. Check out the below given steps to remove Hotspot Shield search page from your browser.
Steps to Remove “Hotspot Shield” search page from my all the browsers.
To start the removal process, you need to find the Hotspot Shield installation folder.
- To find the installation folder, open your Windows search bar and type %ProgramData% which will open up a new window with all the various folders.
- The Hotspot Shield installation folder should be labeled as “Hotspot Shield” or “HSS.”
- Once you’ve found the installation folder, remove the shortcut to it from your desktop and from your start menu. If you can’t find a shortcut on either of those two locations then go ahead and delete any shortcuts that are located in the Windows search bar as well.
- Next, go into Chrome and open up chrome://settings/searchEngines . Search for Hotspot Shield and delete it from there as well.
- Repeat the same process in all of your browser that is infected “Hotspot Shield“ Search page.
- That’s it.